The services and programs provided by The Salvation Army are funded by the generosity of our donors. While we receive some grant funding, the bulk of our revenue stems from local support.
Here are some facts about donations to The Salvation Army:
• When you donate online or through one of our mail campaigns, that donation stays in your community.
• By dropping a dollar in one of our Red Kettles at holiday time, that dollar helps your community.
• If you donate clothing or household goods for our resale shops, funds raised through the sales of these items support our substance abuse rehabilitation programs.
• When you leave money to The Salvation Army through your estate, that aids the long term sustainability of The Salvation Army.
• By participating in either Angel Tree or Adopt-A-Family programs, you support local families through a Salvation Army program.
• Your donations “Do The Most Good” for those in need. Your support may become a free dinner, a night in our shelter or a case management program to help clients gain independence and sustainability.
Ways to support The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army is a 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt organization and gifts are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.