Dreaming of a Merry Christmas?
We know that the holidays can be a stressful time, especially when it's hard just to make ends meet. That's why we have several programs around Thanksgiving and Christmas to help families celebrate. To qualifying families, we provide Thanksgiving meal bags for a home-cooked feast, and filled stockings and angel bags to brighten the children’s Christmas morning.
Thanksgiving Grocery Bags
These special grocery bags contain enough food for a family to enjoy a home-cooked Thanksgiving meal! Food bags will be distributed to pre-qualified families. Check back in the fall for details on how and when to apply.
This wonderful program provides clothing and toys for children (birth through 12 years of age). The angel tree gifts will be distributed to pre-qualified families only. Check back in October to learn when and how to apply.
Please bring the following documentation if you plan to apply for one of the holiday programs listed above:
- Last 4 digits of Social Security Numbers/Tax ID card for household members
- Federal or State-issued Identification Card/Drivers License, valid photo ID from anotherstate/country or passport/visa for all adults in household
- Mortgage statement/deed or lease/rent receipt as proof of Duval County residence
- Birth certificates or shot records for all household members under the age of 18
- All expenses, such as utility bills, phone bill, car payment
- Proof of all income, including any government assistance and three recent pay stubs from employer and/or unemployment compensation for all household members.
Please contact our office at 904.356.8641 to learn more about how you and your family can be blessed by the Salvation Army’s Christmas Cheer.