Backpack Giveaway Eligibility Requirements:
Parents/Guardians or those having legal custody are required to bring the following documentation to receive a backpack and school supplies for Back to School:
- Birth Certificates for ALL eligible children in the home for grades K-12;
- Proof of School Enrollment – such as class schedule or report card;
- Proof of Monthly Household Income – Current Paycheck stub, Social Security Award Letter, Unemployment benefit paperwork. If NO income verification please bring Department of Children and Family Notice of Case Action Letter (if it list name, address, case number, benefit type and amount) otherwise, you must bring the Benefits Information Statement (must include name, address, case number, benefit type and amount). If you do not receive a paycheck stub, please provide a notarized statement from your employer providing hourly pay, how long you have worked for the company and hours worked monthly.
- Proof of Monthly Household Expenses – rent/mortgage, utilities, insurance, vehicle payment, vehicle repairs, gasoline, transportation, loans, medical, etc.;
- Picture ID – (Driver’s License, State Issued ID, Governmental/Military ID, or Passport or ID from Country of Origin) for ALL adult household members;
- Proof of Residency – current lease agreement*, deed, or mortgage statement for the residence.
*If you are not the leaseholder of your residence, please provide a notarized statement from individual providing shelter indicating dates of stay, address and how much you pay monthly towards rent, if applicable.
Households do not need to contact The Salvation Army to schedule an appointment, however, please bring the items listed with you to our office when making an application.
The Back to School Program distribution begins on **Friday, August 4, 2017. Backpacks and school supplies will be distributed from 8:30 AM – Noon and 1 PM and 3 PM until supplies are depleted.