“What is the essence of life? To serve others and to do good.”
The Salvation Army in Bradenton has both seasonal and year-round opportunities for volunteerism that allow you as an individual, your family or a group to “Do the Most Good.” While some may look for a face-to-face interaction with those we serve, others may prefer to be more “behind the scenes” in their volunteer efforts. Fortunately, we can accommodate both.
- Emergency Disaster Services
- Community dinner
- Youth enrichment for children at family shelter
- Youth programs
- Angel Tree and Adopt-A-Family registration (September)
- Angel Tree andAdopt-A-Family toy shop sorting and distribution (December)
- Ring bells at our red kettles (November and December)
Emergency Disaster Services (EDS) team
This often means serving meals or passing out bottled water to first responders and disaster victims. EDS team volunteers can elect to receive short assignments, such as two hours in your community or a longer assignment that could require travel to another state for up to two weeks. Please visit our EDS website for more information on the EDS volunteer program, including training requirements.
At times, we do have special projects that require the assistance of a volunteer. If you are already on our volunteer roster, you may be called to see if you are available to help.
Other ways to help:
- We receive calls from groups who would like to do a service project on our behalf. We welcome these calls and accommodate when possible.
- Sponsor a drive to support basic shelter needs.
- During the holiday season, host an Angel Tree at your business, club or church.
For more information on our volunteer opportunities or to complete an application, please call Melissa Fernandez at 941-748-5110 or email Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org.
For frequently asked questions, click here.
The fine print: In most cases, volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. Minors may volunteer when accompanied by a parent in some holiday positions. All volunteers are expected to complete an online application and profile and attend a one-hour orientation session.