Because not all things in life go according to plan, The Salvation Army’s social services department in Bradenton provides case management, emergency financial assistance and basic needs to qualified Manatee County residents experiencing a valid crisis. We understand that hard-working families often make the decision of buying medicine and groceries or paying the electric bill.
A completed application for financial assistance is required and all cases are screened for eligibility.
Financial assistance is available for:
• Utilities, FPL and TECO, eviction prevention and other basic needs funds are available for qualified applicants.
• Rental assistance only when funding is available.
• A limited number of names can be taken for financial assistance. Assistance is subject to approval and is not guaranteed.
• FPL, TECO and water assistance – You must have a valid crisis and past due balance or shut-off notice.
• Rental/housing assistance – You must show a valid crisis and/or a 3-day eviction notice.
Please bring current photo ID for all household members 18 and over and last 4-digits of social security number for everyone in the household. Once the referral is accepted, a case manager will contact you and provide instructions on which documents are necessary, as they vary for each service.
How to begin:
Call our office at 941-748-5110 and ask to speak to a case manager about your situation.
Here is a complete list of services offered by the social services department
• Electric service payment assistance
• Gas service payment assistance
• Water bill assistance
• Rental/Housing assistance when funds are available
• Personal financial counseling
• Christmas programs
• Life skills education