We Care of Lee County needs specialty providers to volunteer their services to uninsured people in Lee County.
Last year, 437 providers donated 1,971 hours and saw 420 patients. We Care physicians are not now represented by every specialty. We would like your help to change that.
Providers of these specialty healthcare services are protected by sovereign immunity, as defined in section 766.1115, Florida Statutes.
Specialty Provider Benefits
- The opportunity to serve the community
- Ability to select cases they are confident they can manage
- Sovereign Immunity Protection under the State- Florida Department of Health
- Earn their CME credits in full-hour increments
- Waiver of license renewal fees*
- State-of-the-art network with which they can provide client care; including lab, radiology, infectious disease services, surgery and rehabilitation
We Need These Specialties
Please contact Paul Whitear, Health Services Program Manager, at (239) 628-1455.
- Ear, Nose, Throat
- Oral Surgery
The We Care program has grown over the past five years. Please help us continue serving those in our community who are not able to afford medical care.
View these charts to see the growth of care and support by physicians and medical facilities.
Cost Comparisons 2010-2014
In-kind Comparisons 2010-2014