- The Associate Village Parent must have an understanding of child development and is able to utilize this knowledge in developing individual plans for each child in relation to skill development and to behavior management. The Village Parent, will be responsible for administering the budget for the home and implementing the scheduling and structure necessary for a safe, healthy, sanitary environment. Ensures integration into other Salvation Army Services. Assists with maintaining the cleanliness and order of the home. Also enforces the implementation of established routines and schedules for orderly, safe, clean operation of the household; reports any maintenance issues to the appropriate personnel for timely repairs. Is responsible to provide transportation in The Salvation Army vehicles to school, activities and appointments. Monitors school attendance and progress; records special needs and accomplishments.
- This position requires a high level of integrity, interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence and provides for the moral and spiritual development of the all children in the home through planned activities, informal communication, and role modeled behavior. Provides guidance and values the need for quality educational experience and the need to live within a community as good moral citizen’s.
- This position does require a Valid Florida driver’s license, acceptable driving record per The Salvation Army’s vehicle Insurance requirements. This job does require a full background screening, (FDLE), criminal check, local law checks, drug screening, child abuse and neglect registry, CPR, and First Aid Certification.
Must be able to maintain Serv Safe ® Food handler certification by the The Salvation Army Emergency Disaster Services, and all other ongoing certifications required by the organization’s policies and procedures, and Divisional of Children’s Families (DCF).
- High School Diploma and/or five years’ experience working in a foster care or children’s therapeutic care environment.
And/or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Additional Comments: All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to Gemma.Valentina@uss.salvationarmy.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer